Hey all! Happy Sunday!
I hope you all took lots of selfies today!
Anyways, here are a few of mine since I wanted to share my Sunday make-up with you all!
Something I wanted to share with you is that you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to make your make-up look fabulous. All it takes is some imagination and having a vision and your make-up will look flawless. I usually use a combination of drugstore and name brand products, there are certain products that you can’t really find a good dupe for. Also, make sure you educate yourself on what some good drugstore products are. There are lots of Beauty Vloggers on youtube that do tutorials with drugstore make-up. Also, trial and error! You will never know until you try a product, it varies from person to person.
So some of the products I used and probably some of my all-time favorite products!
1. I started by spraying my face with a Mario Badescu Facial Spray from ULTA. It is the Facial Spray with Allow, Herbs & Rosewater and I only paid $5 for the small size. I assure you, you will love it! If you are interested in trying it out, you can buy here!
2. I continued with the Maybelline Fit Me: Matte + Poreless for foundation. I won’t give you a color, since it’s very likely that we aren’t the same complexion. You can get this foundation almost anywhere and you can get it at ULTA for $7.99 or if you’re near a Target or Walmart, you can get it for around $6. You can buy here!
3. As for my eyeshadow, I used these three palettes from ULTA, mixing and matching the colors. They are usually $20 each, but I got them on a buy one, get one free sale. They currently have a buy two, get two free promotion on ULTA brand products. To purchase the ULTA Rose Gold Natural Eye Shadow Palette, click here!
4. For my eyeliner, I used the Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eye Liner in “Blackest Black.” It is perfect to create a winged-eye look. You can buy here!
5. My eyelashes aren’t falsies. They’re actually mine and I used Maybelline’s Lash Sensational in “Blackest Black.” I have tried lots of mascaras, but this stands as one of my favorite ones in terms of drugstore brands. Just a personal tip: don’t get the waterproof one.
6. For my contour, I used L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in the colors Natural (highlight), Medium Beige and Toast (Contour). For these concealers, you might have to do some research online as to where you can find them, but I got mine from a beauty supply shop at Woodbridge Center Mall (NJ), called Things of Beauty. Your best bet would be to figure out the colors that you need and then purchase online from Walgreens. If interested, buy here! They’re only $2.99.
7. To set my highlight, I used NYX Cosmetics HD Finishing Powder in “Banana.” The texture of it is amazing. You can buy here! If not, you can also use Ben Nye’s Luxury Powder in Banana… I absolutely love it, but I ran out and it hasn’t come in yet. I usually get that one form MakeUpMania and it lasts me a while.
8. To contour my face, I used and will probably always use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Powder) in Light to Medium. You can also use the banana colored powder to set your highlight. This palette is amazing! I am already on my second one, and I’ve already used up two of the six colors of the palette. Best $40 you will ever spend… alongside the cream contour kit and all the eyebrow products….well basically anything from ABH. You can buy here!
9. For a highlighter/illuminator, I used the ULTA Illuminating Powder in Pink Diamond. You can totally combine this with the eyeshadow palettes to take advantage of the buy two, get two free. You can buy here!
10. For blush, I used a Sephora brand blush. From the Sephora Collection, I used the Colorful Face Powders – Blush, Bronze, Highlight & Contour in the color Love Sick, 22. You can buy here!
11. For my eyebrows I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown. You can get this from the ABH website or from Sephora or ULTA, among other stores. Best $18 you can ever spend! Buy here!
12. Lastly, to set my make-up I used a setting spray by Urban Decay. This one is a little pricey. I recently started using it and I bought the travel size spray to test it out. I absolutely love it. I have oily skin and the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray is the one that works best for me. The travel size is $14 and the regular size is $30. You can buy here! The NYX setting spray is pretty good as well, but it didn’t keep my make-up matte for as long as the Urban Decay one.
13. LIPSTICK! For my make-up today, I decided to go with a lipstick from Revlon. I used the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 477: Black Cherry. I think it does the job well. I like to have variety in lipstick colors, so I lean towards the drugstore brand. I think that this black cherry color is perfect for the fall and upcoming winter! You can buy here! Btw, ULTA has them on sale for $4.79!
I hope that this list of products helps you find some good priced and good quality products. Make sure you search online in different stores, and you are bound to get your money’s worth!
Do you know any good products? Make sure you comment below!
ps. If you’re just starting out with your make-up, don’t go all crazy buying a whole bunch of products in one trip. Pace yourself, you will build up your collection eventually. Also, don’t forget that practice makes perfect. The more you do your make-up and the more you practice on yourself and on others, the better it will come out. I remember when I first started, it was atrocious. I was making my eyebrows way too dark and then my contour was too bold, and now I am in utter disbelief that the girls from ULTA and Sephora complimented me on my make-up. It takes time, don’t get discouraged. My best advice is watch a lot of YouTube Videos and follow beauty bloggers and vloggers Instagram, you’ll get a lot of inspiration from them. And most importantly… get to know your face and your facial structure and you’ll have better results. We don’t all have the same face shape, so the same techniques won’t work on everyone. Practice makes perfect!
Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership of any of the images of the products listed above. They are images found throughout the World Wide Web on the websites in which the items may be purchased.